Patches for The Surge will be listed here. Updates and changes to the game will be reflected on this page along with detailed summaries of the changes.
Patch 11 (December 19th, 2017)
- Fixed the crash at Gear Assembly in NG++++
- Corrected some issues making the Carbon Cat unable to attack.
- Corrected some issues causing the Popcorn Parade to get stuck.
- Corrected some issues that would causes some players to be stuck inside the dayroom.
- Various other minor tweaks and fixes.
Patch 5 (June 28th, 2017)
- Added an option to configure when to play music in the medbay
- The number of save slots has been increased from 4 to 10
- Added a setting for muting the speech of the anchorman videos played in the game world
- Fixed a crash associated with pathfinding in the abandoned labs level
- Reset the player position after a finishing move if that move would make the player fall to his death
- Weapon materials will now drop correctly from NG+4 onwards
- Removed weapon duplicates from the inventory, award nano cores for duplicate boss weapons
- Elevators were sometimes not triggered correctly when entering them the instant they arrived
- Enemy super armor will now scale properly through NG+ and beyond
- Properly mark all drone upgrades to be unequipped when entering NG+
- When awarding an injectable because of gained tech scrap, award one for all injectable types currently equipped, not only the selected one
- Make sure equipped injectable implants always respect the order in which they are equipped when cycling through them
- Giving Jo tech scrap will now update the UI counter properly
- Hazard armor sets now also negate damage from toxic gas
- It's not possible anymore to trigger a drone attack while the drone is on its way to overcharge a circuit
- Toxic autofilter implant will now working properly if there is more than one in the inventory (NG+)
- Androids that have been finished once will now properly damage the player after getting up again
- Prevent P.A.X. from hitting itself with rockets colliding with the ceiling instantly when firing them
- Fixed a problem that sometimes interactions could not be performed when starting NG+
- The restart hint after changing the display refresh rate in the options menu will now correctly display.
- Player can no longer get stuck on the train from Central Production to Abandoned Production
- Player can no longer be killed by PAX falling on its knees
- Player is no longer moved up the legs of PAX
- Player can no longer be killed in PAX wake up cut scene
- After lying to Alec about Maddy's death the audio note at Alecs' body will now correctly play
- Base of the Big Sister 1/3 is no longer lockable after it has been destroyed
- Enemies in the arena of the Black Cerberus will no longer react to noise that the player makes
- Camera in the fight versus Rogue Process will now always set correctly
- Various fixes in Central Production B to prevent enemies from climbing on top of rails
- Weapon trails are immediately visible after the player enters Central Production B
- Sometimes when starting NG+ and opening the inventory, the player was still displayed wearing gear from the previous playthrough
- Weapon buffs given by injectables were sometimes not displayed correctly in the Specs screen after switching gear
- The camera configuration was not reset properly in all cases when leaving the photo mode
- Increased the light intensity for the black cerberus and scarab chest armor
- Super armor values for heavy duty weapon sets have been tweaked
- SMAA has been tweaked to remove more jagged edges
- Don't play the ‘block breached' animation after performing a perfect block that drains all the player's stamina
- Derive the hit blocked animation play speed from the set duration instead of deriving the duration from the animation
- Nerfed some melee attacks of the fire and ranged hazard enemies
- Reduced the stamina cost of the staff dash attack
- Tweaked super armor of charged attacks
- Increased super armor of staff kick, decreased damage
- The confirmation dialog for overwriting save games has been replaced by an information dialog. You need to manually delete savegames now before reusing a savegame slot.
- Reduced the invincibility duration for android enemies when they get up after being defeated once.
The Surge - Update 53172 (P4) / 33503 (SVN)
- Play your own music in OPS! Drop WAV, OGG or FLAC files to "My Documents/The Surge/songs"
- A kill switch button combination for players being stuck has been added (Press 'LB', 'LT', 'RB', 'RT', 'LS' and 'RS' at the same time, 'F4' is the default binding on the keyboard) - Please only use this when your character is stuck.
- Added an option to bind jumping/ducking from blocking to the left stick (when using a controller)
- Player will be able to block most attacks. This refers to enemy attacks that were only able to be ducked or hopped, which prior to the change ignored blocking. You will now be able to block these attacks, but they consume more stamina than 'standard' attacks.
- Fixed some random crashes triggered by accessing invalid memory
- Fixed some cases where display refresh rates were not displayed correctly within the menu (PC)
- It is now easier to stagger enemies using light, faster-hitting weapons.
- Removed Exploits where the player could receive unlimited Tech Scrap by switching the UI while dismantling objects
- Potential random crash in the animation system
- TDR crashes on Kepler GPUs (Nvidia 7## and 6## series)
- Fixed holes in collision where the player could get stuck
- Prevent the screensaver from kicking in when using a PS4 controller (PC)
- Correctly apply fall damage when doing a plunging/jumping attack
- The staff wielding security guards will no longer parry counterattacks and backstabs
- Always apply the correct damage from counter attacks following from ducking under or jumping over enemy attacks
- Fixed the behavior when binding target switching to the right stick
- Properly store the button imagery configured in the options menu
- Properly negate 100% toxic damage when wearing the Liquidator armor set
- Enemy super armor was not decreasing properly in some cases after a string of quick successive hits
- Fixed level transition elevators that were no longer available after dying in the moving elevator
- Fixed respawn positions of the player on level transition elevators that caused players falling into their death immediately after loading a savegame
- Loot drops of the smelting machines are now saved in the level so it can be collected even when dying after defeating the smelting machine
- Fixed an issue where the "Big Sister" achievement did not unlock properly after killing the Big Sister 1/3
- Mapping the dodge button to Circle will no longer cause the player to dodge every time the player "backs out" of the game menu.
- Possible crash when leaving New Game+ at the beginning and starting a new game.
- Gameplay blocker if the player does not collect the Security Exo-Rig after destroying the case. This will also fix broken saves.
- Various AR elements should no longer appear in the wrong locations.
- Counter attacks on drone enemies are no longer interrupted when using a Single-rigged weapon.
- Closed door in Resolve Biolabs now opens correctly. This will also fix broken saves.
- Using an implant that is on cooldown in the same moment an enemy is finished will no longer cause a repeating error message.
- Fixed issues where armor items were unable to be equipped in New Game+.
- Hobbs no longer asks for help after the player has helped him.
- Player can no longer get stuck at certain stairs in the tunnels of Resolve Biolabs.
- Player can no longer target the upper part of PAX while PAX is standing up.
- Sorting items by 'Newest' now works properly.
- Removed Quicksave/Quickload bindings.
- The values for health related implants have been adjusted to fall more in line with the desired/projected player health progression (more health)
- The damage of the beam ranged attack of the Nano mass enemy has been reduced
- The windup of the beam attack has been increased
- Reduced the volume of the 'secret finding implant' - even more so when using a controller and rumble is enabled
- Deactivate the 'secret finding implant' in the medbay
- Implants granting a weapon proficiency level bonus now also grant a proficiency reward bonus so it becomes more viable to level up more than one weapon type
- Added an option to bind jumping/ducking from blocking to the left stick (when using a controller)
- Jumping/ducking from blocking can now also be done by pressing the bound keys for moving forward/backward (when playing with mouse and keyboard)
- Tweaked hitboxes of the staff wielding security guards' attacks
- Tweaked hitboxes of some enemies wielding forklift weapons
- Tweaked hitboxes of some enemies wielding two handed weapons
- Tweaked the timings for the perfect block window for the player
- Improved behavior of the Security Guard.
- The music in Ops will no longer play after the player has died and respawned.
- Improved behavior of the Black Cerberus when his attacks are blocked.
- Elevator positions have been adjusted to avoid waiting for an elevator after dying.
- Proximity Sensor no longer emits a beeping sound when an enemy is locked.
- Character is now invulnerable for a short time after a finishing move is finished.
- Increased the duration of the stamina buff triggered when collecting enough Tech Scrap to be worth a level up.
- Reduced the stamina cost for continually blocking.
- Increased the time for the continual block stamina cost to begin.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I have a problem I just got to new game plus and warren keeps dieing right off the bat I can’t move or pause he just dies, when I first started it he fell through the map and died first and I can’t play
im having a problem where the game starts to loosing frames while i advance in the game to the ponit the game is unplayable for example i start a new game and i have 60 fps when i reach the final boss i have 30 fps now when i star my NG+ the game runs at 10 or even 5 fps!
and when the next patch?.. to fix the problems with game crashing when leaving central production B
enemies are too overpowered. fix it.
Any word on xbox release date?
Implanted Electrodes v.2, Injectable which restores energy by 36, changed from infinite usage on cooldown to limit of 5 uses per stack.
Any info om patch released today?