|Upgrades Mk. IV to Mk. V and Mk. IX to Mk. X|
Nano Core is a Component in The Surge.
Nano Core Details
Used to assemble Mk. V (Mk. X in NG+) weapons and gear.
Each chunk of 'nano-matter' begins as a single microscopic seed of nanites which replicate themselves until a standardized mass is reached, at which point its adaptive programming takes over. The resultant Nano Core will automatically analyze and improve any tool, weapon, or piece of gear to which it is applied. ”
Nano Core Locations, Notes & Tips
- Act I - Main Assembly Line (2x) - Overcharge (55) - Near the Loading Bay 02 Security Checkpoint
- Act II - Central Production B - Material Depot (2x) - Overcharge (75)
- Act II - Central Production B - Conveyor Hub (4x) - Overcharge (60), Overcharge (70)
- Act III - Resolve BioLabs - Laboratories (2x) - Overcharge (80)
- Act IV - Restricted Area: Utopia Project (2x) - Overcharge (65)
- Act V - Server Room (2x) - Overcharge (85)
- Act VI - Floor 3 - Rapid Launch Control (2x) - Overcharge (50)
- Drops from Nanite Mass monsters throughout the Nucleus
DLC - Creo World
- Firestarter Rollercoaster (Under the stairs) (2x) - Overcharge (60)
- In tunnels after killing the Carbon Cat (2x) - Overcharge (70)
DLC - The Good, The Bad and The Augmented
- Episode 9 - Drops from Nanite Masses
NOTE: You must FINISH the Episode to claim the loot. Either by jumping off the side back into the Testing Chamber Main room or by killing the Boss.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Kinda sad that upgrades with these are outclassed almost immediately into the next ng+ cycle because of mk6 or the ng++ version
The one in Park Maintenance isn't Nano Cores, it's a bunch of implants.
In the DLC From R&D it's incorrect. It's 85 for the one in the entrance to Park Maintenance and 70 after Carbon Cat. Could this be verified and updated? : > -Faxxleton
So if I dont use them all in my first walkthrou I can use them to ugrade weponad to Mk.X in NG, or do Nanocores from NG are next tier that don't stack with those from first walkthoru ?
Enemies prior to final boss drop nanocore too, not sure what the drop rate is though.
There is also:
• Laboratories (2x) - Overcharge (80)
*Between the stairs with the sleeping Sentry/Dog-bot thing (Iron Maus #9 is on the adjacent table) and the hydroponics containers with the patroling Box+Crane/Janitor-bot thing.
They are used to upgrade gear from Mk. IV to Mk. V
You use it to upgrade your weapons
how do i put it on a wepon