Hazard Ops are Enemies in The Surge.
Hazard Ops Information
The hazard response squad, or hazard ops are some of the first "human" enemies encountered in the game. They are first seen in Resolve Biolabs after releasing the lockdown.
Hazard ops enemies come in two varieties - one equipped with a flamethrower, and the other equipped with a gas grenade launcher.
The flamethrower hazard ops are encountered first and will slowly walk toward the player until they are within range before firing the flamethrower for roughly 5 seconds.
The grenade launcher hazard ops are not encountered until the player enters the circulation tower. Their primary means of attack is to fire grenades that release poisonous gas clouds.
Beware - the flamethrowers can ignite poisonous gas, causing a large explosion that damages anything caught in the blast, including enemies.
Hazard Ops Location
- First seen in Resolve Biolabs after lifting the lockdown.
- Central Production B - Circulation Tower
- Research & Development
Hazard Ops Drop
- Liquidator Gear
- Sadly they do not drop their flamethrowers or grenade launchers
Hazard Ops Tips/Notes
- Getting hit by their grenades will inflict a small amount of damage, but the majority of the damage comes from inhaling the gas released.
- Both types of hazard ops will occasionally need to reload their weapon, leaving them wide open for a large amount of time.
- Flamethrower ops turn extremely slowly when firing. This makes it easy to get behind them for a backstab or some free hits.
- Be warned that they are not pushovers in melee - they have several close-range attacks that will inflict just as much damage as any melee-based enemies.
- You can render yourself entirely immune to the poisonous gas released by their grenades either by wearing the Elite Hazard head gear or by using the Toxic Autofilter implant.