Gear Fragments are a Component in The Surge.
Gear Fragments Details
There are four Gear fragments - one for each Gear piece
Cortical Processor - used to make Head Gear
Rig Armature - used to make Body Gear
Force Regulator - used to make Arm Gear
Pneumatic Helix - used to make Leg Gear
Gear Fragments Notes & Tips
- Gear Fragments are used for building and upgrading Gear pieces.
- They are obtained primarily by using a finishing move on armored body parts of humanoid enemies, however you can sometimes find them as treasure.
- When obtained from a severed body part, you get three components for each destroyed gear piece. One ruined Arm Gear will get you three Force Regulators, for example.
- To upgrade a Gear piece to Mk V, X, XV, or XX, you will need the appropriate Nano Core
- Every NG+ tier (NG+, NG++, etc) will increase the Mk level of the destroyed gear fragments that you find by 5, so you can upgrade a Gear piece past Mk IV without using Nano Cores to upgrade it to Mk V or Mk X first - just build the Gear at Mk VI or whatever level you need instead of building at Mk 1 in the base game and then upgrading once you're in NG+ mode.
|Gear Fragments Mk I||Zombie Worker - LYNX
Zombie Worker - RHINO
|Gear Fragments Mk II||Zombie Worker - SCARAB
Zombie Worker - Liquidator
|Gear Fragments Mk III||Elite Hazard Operative
CREO Security Guard
PROTEUS Test Subject
|Gear Fragments Mk IV||Bloodied PROTEUS Test Subject
The Black Cerberus
CERBERUS Security Guard
|Gear Fragments Mk VI||Zombie Worker - LYNX in NG+
Zombie Worker - RHINO in NG+
|Gear Fragments Mk VII||Zombie Worker - SCARAB in NG+
Zombie Worker - Liquidator in NG+
Hazard Operative in NG+
|Gear Fragments Mk VIII||Elite Hazard Operative in NG+
CREO Security Guard in NG+
PROTEUS Test Subject in NG+
|Gear Fragments Mk IX||Bloodied PROTEUS Test Subject in NG+
Black CERBERUS in NG+
CERBERUS Security Guard in NG+
Chrysalis Zombie in NG+
Chrysalis Drone in NG+